Multifamily Accounting Director
Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. AFI is comprised of experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 80 multi-family properties in 10 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance with trailing growth of ~50% per year, and anticipated 2023 growth on track to eclipse 75%.
The VISION of AFI is to prosper all stakeholders.
The MISSION of AFI is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
The CORE VALUES of AFI are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
AFI is seeking a motivated Accounting veteran to assume the role of Accounting Director. This role shall hold the highest leadership capacity available inside of our Accounting Team and will be expected to develop, and adhere to, rigid KPIs regarding budget preparation, procurement, efficiency tracking/improvements, analysis/forecasting based on future growth, etc. This role shall collaborate with fellow members of the AFI Executive Team regarding accounting process improvements at both the corporate, and property levels with direct reporting responsibilities to AFI Clients concerning financial issues, inquiries, recommendations, etc.
This is an Executive-Level Position and as such, frequent working hours beyond an 8a-5p schedule and on weekends will be expected.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of job duties generally expected of an Accounting Executive:
- Collaborate with staff to develop and improve upon all existing Accounting workflows at both the corporate and property-levels.
- Develop standardized documentation for Accounting processes where it may not presently exist.
- Enhance existing procurement system at property-level to reduce inefficiencies related to invoicing and payment timing.
- Lead regarding Owner communications related to Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly Distributions.
- Forsee financial challenges at managed-assets and collaborate with AFI Staff & Property Owners to develop remediation strategy
- Lead regarding yearly budget preparation with other Accounting Staff.
- Develop Monthly Board Presentation for other AFI Executives and Board of Advisors concerning company financial health, possible barriers, and growth trajectory.
- Ensure AFI & property financials adhere to GAAP standards.
- Process tax filings and make recommendations to AFI Principals.
- This role is holistically responsible for the success of the AFI Accounting Department and will be expected to respond timely and complete work regarding financial issues and process development/improvement needs.
- Must be exceptionally organized and able to handle multiple projects at once with concurrent deadlines
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Must work out of AFI corporate headquarters in Columbia, MO
- Bachelors Degree required (Masters preferred)
- CPA License required
- Must provide list of 2-3 professional references
- Base salary of $90,000-$125,000/year
- Extensive Performance Based Incentive Opportunities (~$50,000/year +/-)
- Extensive Company-Growth Incentive Opportunities (~$100,000/year +/-)
- Full Company-Provided Medical Insurance (~$4,200/year +/-)
- Full Ancillary Benefits Package (~$1,200/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include age-based benefits such as Critical Illness or Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401K Plan with company match
- Total Value of ~$160,000-$250,000/year +/-
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.