Multifamily Acquisitions Manager
Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC (AFI) is a mid-sized, 50+ unit multifamily investment & asset services company located in Columbia, MO. AFI is comprised of experts in the identification, due diligence, acquisition, financing and management of real estate projects with over 8,000 multi-family units in 15+ states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed stakeholder expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
AFI acts as a cradle to grave deal sourcing and asset services provider, utilizing proprietary underwriting software to efficiently identify and underwrite acquisition opportunities. Selected properties are paired with an appropriate equity partner “AFI IPA Client” and moved through the closing process. Following acquisition, AFI handles all aspects of the operations including management, refinancing, disposition, etc.
AFI is searching for an experienced multifamily acquisitions expert with documented success in CLOSING DEALS to work inside of our Business Development Team. This role would be directly responsible for driving new business to AFI through the entirety of the purchasing and acquisitions pipeline. As a Acquisitions Manager, you will be working directly with Property Owners, Brokers, Lenders, etc. to identify assets for purchase and facilitate engagement of all parties involved in order to close the transaction. The Acquisitions Manager will frequently identify potential new ownership groups, complete financial analysis of potential acquisitions, collaborate with AFI Team Members and Property Owners regarding planning/execution of agreed upon operational plan, and ultimately, INCREASE AFI REVENUE AND PROFIT!
Chosen applicant will work remotely, on the road, and out of AFI’s Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, MO. This is not an 8-5 job. Frequent work/travel after hours and on weekends will be required.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the Business Development Team:
- Primarily Responsible for leading the entire Acquisitions Process of 50+ unit multifamily apartment complexes throughout the West, Midwest, and Southeast.
- Fully engage in implementation and improvement of the AFI Acquisitions Process “Informative Purchase Agreement (IPA)” Platform
- Identify new Equity / Property Owners, “IPA Clients”
- Vet and screen Equity Relationships
- Introduce AFI’s IPA Acquisitions Process via webinar or in-person
- Execute AFI’s IPA Relationship Documents
- Begin Presenting Acquisition Opportunities
- Collaborate with AFI Executive Team regarding future Acquisitions efforts
- Develop and Maintain a Acquisitions Forecast, generate sales reports each week and communicate progress and status of sales growth.
- Travel frequently to meet Property Owners, Brokers, Lenders, etc., tour potential assets for purchase, and accumulate new leads.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Minimum expectation is to add 6 successful Acquisitions “IPA Service Agreements” to AFI’s portfolio each year (subject to change)
- Base salary of $50,000/year
- Extensive Performance Based Bonus Opportunities (~$100,000/year +/-)
- Full Company-Provided Health Insurance (~$5,000/year +/-)
- Full Ancillary Benefits Package (~$1,800/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include age-based benefits such as Critical Illness or Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401k Plan with company match
- Total Potential Value of ~$160,000/year +/-
The extensive 3-month training program is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of AFI’s deal analysis and operational infrastructure:
- Real Estate Financial & Acquisition Analysis (~2 weeks)
- Property Manager Training Program (~2 weeks)
- Traveling Property Operations, Due Diligence, Property Onboarding, etc. (~2 Months)
- Individuals who complete the Training Program and display the correct skillsets, competency, and capacity will be invited to join AFI’s urgent Business Development Team
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field of study (Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Business, etc.) preferred
- Proven track record of successful multifamily acquisitions
- Extensive list of Multifamily contacts and current Owners
- Must provide 2-3 written references from reputable industry professional
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.