Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. Here at AFI, we are experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 10,000 units under management across 20 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
AFI is searching for a superbly organized and cost-focused individual to serve as our Procurement Specialist. AFI has more than tripled in the size of our company over the past three years. As such, the need for scalable systems in regards to cost-effective purchasing and planning on a repeatable basis is more critical now than ever! The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for maintaining relationships with all CORE VENDORS to ensure the most advantageous price point, monitoring property budgets in search of anomalies, and coaching Onsite Teams in regards to best practice spending habits.
This position comes with an annual salary that is based upon experience ranging between $36,000-$54,000/year. . Regular working hours are M-F, 8am-5pm CST with additional availability to be expected on weekends as business needs and other deadlines dictate
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the Operations Team:
- Development/improvement of scalable procurement systems and best practices
- Budget monitoring of all managed-assets
- Proactive communication with Property Owners regarding upcoming budgetary issues/emergencies
- Involvement in Owner Capital Contribution Requests
- Host recurring training sessions with Onsite Managers regarding Expense Control Best Practices
- Ensure all Managers are completing inventory spreadsheets DAILY to ensure accurate cost forecasting
- Must be exceptionally organized and able to handle multiple projects at once with concurrent deadlines
- Prior/documented experience in implementation of successful cost reduction and expense management initiatives
- Positive attitude with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- College degree preferred
- Must provide list of 2-3 professional references
- Base salary of between $36,000-$54,000/year
- Performance and growth-based incentive opportunities (~$1,000-$10,000/year +/-)
- Full ancillary benefits package through MetLife (~$800/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include additional age-based benefits such a critical illness or long-term disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Health Insurance Assistance Program (~$3,000/year +/-)
- Two weeks paid vacation within first year of employment
- Total Value of ~$45,000-$75,000/year +/-
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.