Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. Here at AFI, we are experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 10,000 units under management across 20 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
AFI is seeking an organized, collaborative, and deadline-driven individual to join our team as a Paralegal. Chosen applicant(s) will be a part of AFI's Operations/Legal Teams working alongside our in-house General Counsel to manage/resolve any Compliance, Litigation, and Insurance (CLI) related matters that may present themselves involving either AFI, or any of our managed-assets. This role is location agnostic and applicants from all corners of the United States are welcome and encouraged to apply!
This position comes with an annual salary that is based upon experience ranging between $30,000-$48,000/year. Regular office hours are M-F, 8am-5pm CST with additional availability to be expected on weekends as business needs and other deadlines dictate.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the Operations Team:
- Support General Counsel in gathering, organizing, and preparing documents/presentations relating to active CLI matters
- Schedule and prepare for meeting with Property Owners, AFI Staff, and other Stakeholders/Legal Teams
- Investigate case-specifics of any open items at direction of General Counsel
- Collaborate with AFI Operations Team regarding implementation of best practice SOP for Risk Management
- Train other Paralegal Team Members as Department continues to expand
- Must be exceptionally organized and able to handle multiple projects at once with concurrent deadlines
- Positive attitude with strong teamwork skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Prior experience in similar Paralegal roles
- Certification or Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies preferred
- Must provide list of 2-3 professional references
- Base salary of between $30,000-$48,000/year
- Performance and volume-based incentive opportunities (~$5,000-$15,000/year +/-)
- Full ancillary benefits package through MetLife (~$800/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include additional age-based benefits such a critical illness or long-term disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Health Insurance Assistance Program (~$3,000/year +/-)
- Two weeks paid vacation within first year of employment
- Total Value of ~$40,000-$75,000/year +/-
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.