Human Resource Generalist
Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. Here at AFI, we are experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 10,000 units presently under management in 20 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, and goal-oriented individual to join our organization as a Human Resource Generalist. The AFI Human Resources Team is responsible for overseeing the staffing needs of both our corporate team, along with all managed-asset locations across the country in addition to various other recurring HR-related tasks (employee on/offboarding, training, policy documentation, payroll approval, benefits administration, etc.) The HR Generalist will play a vital role in supporting the HR Department in all aspects of Human Resource Management. This position requires exceptional organizational skills, strong interpersonal abilities, and a willingness to understand and learn various HR practices/regulations. The ideal candidate will be an extremely motivated and reliable team player willing to work outside of a "normal" working schedule in order to ensure success of the department as a whole and its KPIs.
This position comes with an annual salary that is based upon experience ranging between $36,000-$54,000/year. Chosen applicant will be required to work out of AFI’s corporate headquarters in Columbia, MO. Relocation Assistance is available for out-of-state applicants.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the Human Resources Team:
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, including posting job advertisements, screening resumes, conducting initial interviews, and coordinating interviews with hiring managers.
- Facilitate new employee onboarding, including preparing necessary paperwork, conducting orientations, and ensuring a seamless integration into the organization.
- Maintain and update employee records, including personal information, employment contracts, and benefits enrollment.
- Engage with partner PEO (Professional Employment Organization) regarding payroll processing, benefits administration, pre-employment screenings, etc.
- Support employee relations by addressing inquiries and providing guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in performance management processes, including conducting performance evaluations, tracking performance goals, and providing feedback to employees and managers.
- Assist in maintaining HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legal requirements and best practices.
- Stay updated on HR trends, regulations, and best practices to ensure effective HR operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and demands.
- College degree preferred
- Will be required to obtain HR-specific credential within first year of employment at company's expense if not already held (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
- Must provide list of 2-3 professional references
- Base salary of between $36,000-$54,000/year
- Performance and growth-based incentive opportunities (~$10,000-$20,000/year +/-)
- Tenure & Certification Incentives (~$5,000-$15,000/year +/-)
- Full ancillary benefits package through MetLife (~$800/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include additional age-based benefits such a critical illness or long-term disability coverage
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Health Insurance Assistance Program (~$3,000/year +/-)
- Two weeks paid vacation within first year of employment
- Total Value of ~$55,000-$85,000/year +/-
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.