Who Are We?
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC (AFI) is a mid-sized, 50+ unit multifamily investment & asset services company located in Columbia, MO. AFI is comprised of experts in the identification, due diligence, acquisition, financing and management of real estate projects with over 7,000 multi-family units in 15 states. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed stakeholder expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
Alexander Forrest Investments is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Accounting Supervisor to oversee the Accounting Department and manage our financial reporting/analysis at both the corporate and individual property levels. The Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are accurately recorded, that reports/budgets are prepared in a timely and accurate manner, and that the Accounting Team adheres to established policies and procedures. This is heavily-involved client facing role. The Accounting Supervisor will regularly be expected to engage with Property Owners on complex issues.
The responsibilities that are listed below are not all inclusive; however, they are indicative of the type of responsibilities normally performed by a member of the Business Development Team:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting
- Oversee and improvement upon property procurement system
- Manage the monthly and year-end close processes, including reconciliations and journal entries
- Ensure that financial statements and reports are prepared accurately and in a timely manner
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices
- Provide guidance and support to the accounting team, including training, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Maintain and update the accounting system and ensure that all data is accurate and up-to-date
- Conduct regular audits and reviews of accounting processes and controls to identify and mitigate any risks or issues
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that financial information is shared and used effectively across the organization
- Schedule and host Capital Contribution Webinars with Property Owners
- Prepare and present financial reports and analysis to senior management as needed
- Manage special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Base salary of $50,000-$75,000/year
- Extensive Performance Based Bonus Opportunities (~$50,000/year +/-)
- Full Company-Provided Health Insurance (~$5,000/year +/-)
- Full Ancillary Benefits Package (~$1,800/year +/-)
- Above figure does not include age-based benefits such as Critical Illness or Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401k Plan with company match
- Total Value of ~$110,000-140,000/year +/-
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or related field
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with accounting software and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.