Chief Financial Officer
WHO ARE WE?
Alexander Forrest Investments, (AFI) is a mid-sized, multifamily real-estate management company located in Columbia, MO. Here at AFI, we are experts in the acquisition, development, financing and management of real estate projects with over 30 multi-family properties across the country. Growth opportunities within the company are in abundance as we plan to DOUBLE in size over the next year.
Our VISION is to prosper all stakeholders.
Our MISSION is to exceed client expectations by providing unrivaled deal sourcing, underwriting, and asset management services for multifamily properties throughout the United States.
Our CORE VALUES are Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Efficiency, Innovation, Integrity, and Perseverance.
Strong communication skills, a professional demeanor, and a driven attitude to succeed are key qualities candidates must possess in order to help us here at AFI achieve our growth goals.
Alexander Forrest Investments is seeking an experienced, financial/accounting veteran to assume primary control over the planning, implementation, and management of all finance activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, and forecasting. This individual will be responsible for leading AFI and its multi-asset portfolio on adherence to predetermined budgets, Owner expectations, precise reporting, and development of future financial strategies. Chosen applicant for this position will be required to work out of AFI’s corporate headquarters in Columbia, MO.
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure the company is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction
- Understand performance metrics of managed properties to include:
- National Standards
- Performance Management
- KPI Monitoring / Reporting
- Adherence to already established “best practices”
- Provide or coordinate Owner requests for accurate financial information
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Maintain various banking relationships
- Involvement/Oversight of the incorporation process for new assets
- Daily management and improvement of existing vendor relationships
- Occasional travel will be required
- Proven history of cash management and financial accounting for mid-large companies
- Interaction with all levels of AFI Staff and client groups infrastructure
- Ability to demonstrate keen problem solving
- Ability to interact well with others
- Collaborative management style
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Use of and experience with various accounting software
- Proficient in the use of Excel, and Word software
- Reliability – this is an Executive level position and as such, you will be expected to work beyond normal business hours and commitment to the organization
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior level financial position
- Proven examples of effectively implemented cost-saving solutions
- List of 2-3 professional references
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Industry specific certifications such as CPA, CMA, CFP (Preferred)
Alexander Forrest Investments, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.